Friday, June 10, 2011


It's Friday again and time for the Hops! Have fun everyone! :)

This week Parajunkee asks us:

The magic book fairy pops out of your cereal box and says "you and your favorite character (from a book of course) can switch places!" Who are you going to switch with?

My answer:

I would have to say Jo from Little Women! First of all, I love the setting of the book (New England) and I love that Jo gets to be a part of New York City in its fledgling years...how cool is that?! Also, she has an incredibly supportive and loving family...I've always wanted to have more sisters to hang out with. Finally, she is a writer and ends up publishing a book about her family and my dream is also to be an author!

This week Crazy for Books asks us:

Who is the ONE author that you are DYING to meet?

My answer:

If I could meet an author who has passed away, it would be J.R.R. Tolkien of Lord of the Rings fame. He seemed like a very wise and intelligent man and I would have loved to just have had a conversation with him about where his inspiration for these books came from!

If I could meet a living author, it would probably be Kristen Britain who has written the Green Rider fantasy series. I will be doing a review soon of her 4th book, Blackveil. If I had the opportunity to meet her, I would try to convince her to let Karigan and Zachary end up together...the romantic tension in that book is driving me nuts! :)






10 comments:

  1. Great choice, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Little Women yet. It's one of the classics I plan to read soon, though, after Pride & Prejudice and To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jo! I must check out Green Rider - if you like it. You have good taste in books ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick, I just love this blog layout and background ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming through on thehop. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got to say that Iris Johansen would be the author to meet, but Joel Osteen as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Jo is a great choice...although I always thought she should have ended up with Laurie.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Jo is a wonderful answer! You should trade in the early portions of the book when there is still hope for Laurie(or he thinks there is).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I'm an old follower hopping through! Jo is an excellent choice! I have been in love with Little Women since I first read it!

    Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Jo too! She is one of my favorite literary characters.

    ReplyDelete