Thursday, June 9, 2011




All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?

Answer:


I would rather own them, which, can sadly amount very quickly to a small fortune! I like the feeling of knowing I can read it at my own pace or take it wherever I want, without worrying about when to return it or the possibility of it becoming damaged. Being a girl, I know I'm supposed to love shopping for clothes, jewellry, shoes etc...but I actually don't really like shopping. To me, it's stressful...but there is one thing I do love shopping for and that's BOOKS! Bookstores are my favorite places on Earth and I can spend hours just meandering around with a chai tea latte in hand!


Having said that though, I do love libraries too and my childhood library is still a place I adore going to...very peaceful and smelling of wonderful books.


My hubby and I hope to amass a large library at our future, permanent house one day...and with the way we buy books, we are well on our way!



4 comments:

  1. I would rather own all my own books and keep them - Hands Down as they say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I are well on our way to having our own library too, lol! It's so hard NOT to buy a book when I'm in a bookstore, and like you, it's the only kind of shopping that I really ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love not having to worry about due dates too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather own them too, but I love my library. My problem is that I always try to read library books before the books I own (since they have a deadline), so I never get to the books I own.

    ReplyDelete