Thursday, April 21, 2011



Thursday's meme asks us: CAN you judge a book by its cover?

My answer: I think maybe sometimes you can! I admit that I've been enticed to buy a book simply because of the appeal of the book's cover. It seems like a very attractive cover might speak to how proud an author is of their book. If they are in love with their masterpiece, it stands to reason that they might work closely with the artist to make sure that the cover image accurately and vividly portrays their vision :). But of course, I'm sure their are books out there with boring or bland covers that still contain magic within!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I won't even pick up a book unless the cover appeals to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think with some books you can. Like with those trashy romance novels? They all have horrid covers in my opinion. It's a sign ;)

    ReplyDelete