Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Hoppin'



Friday is book blogger hop day! Join in the hop fun and make new book lover friends :).

Crazy for Books asks us today: If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?

My answer: Yes, of course I do! :) When I find an author whose writing style I love, I will definitely be a loyal fan. However, I also love variety and so I spend a lot of time researching other authors I might love too. Amazon has that cool feature where you can scroll through other books that they have deemed similar to the book you just read. I've found this helpful for discovering new books and authors! I also add new books and authors to my wishlist on GoodReads as soon as I hear about them so that I don't forget and everything is all consolidated in one place.

Parajunkee asks us today: What is currently on your playlist?

My answer: I was just listening to some Lady Gaga on my run!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, new follower here! Wow, I absolutely love your blog! It's always nice to stumble upon one that is totally unique :) Looking forward to reading your reviews!

    GoodReads is becoming a good friend of mine, as I find all kinds of new authors I've never heard of before.

    Lady Gaga is great for working out to-- I am also liking "Till the World Ends" by Britney and "On the Floor" by J. Lo-- they get me moving haha :)

    Feel free to stop by and visit me sometime! Have a great weekend :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Lady Gaga! I do tend to look for other books by the author when I like their particular writing style. But, I am also open to recommendations from my online friends :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!! It looks great. I love Good Reads for keeping track of books to read, but the list is getting rather long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lady Gaga! My three favorite songs are "Poker Face," "Just Dance," and "Bad Romance."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree- I always love reading a bunch of books by the same author, but I really enjoy reading a variety of books too. When something's good, it's hard not to stop reading everything like that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started a Challenge just to make me read more books from authors that impressed me once so that I don't get stuck on just what is new. I agree with you, the Amazon feature is cool and I have added many to my Wishlist from that.

    My post

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-hop-love-book-want-more-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lady Gaga! Here's my hop:
    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-friday.html
    Have a wonderful weekend and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see how Lady Gaga would be great for a run. I am a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Follow Friday & Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I like Lady Gaga while I'm running too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that feature on Amazon. I also search for an author's past books if I fall in love with that author's writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that feature on Amazon, too. It has led me to some intriguing places....

    Here's MY BOOK BLOGGER HOP

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like to read more of their books once I've found an author I like but since getting my kindle I've been a lot more varied in what I read.

    ReplyDelete