Monday, April 18, 2011


This week's Musing question asks us: What is at the top of your must-buy list right now (or, if you're more impulsive and don't wait, what books have you bought recently?)


My answer: I usually don't wait! My husband and I are very impulsive buyers, unfortunately. A recent funny story is that hubby and I went to the bookstore and promised eachother that we would only get one book each. When we met up a short while later, we both were holding four books! We had a good laugh over that one :).


I recently bought Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and I'm excited to see the movie soon and then compare book and film. Probably at the top of my must buy list would be The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo. Oprah had this book on her Christmas Favorite Things show and said that it contains a lot of wisdom and advice on living.



2 comments:

  1. Now I am even more curious about that book...the movie not so sure when it comes out but maybe I will try the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the book Water For Elephants but I haven't seen the movie yet. Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson aren't really how I pictured the main couple, but from what I've seen of the previews, I think it will be a well done film. Looking forward to your reviews of both!

    (And to answer your question on my blog about R.A. Salvatore, if you want to read his most popular stuff, either Homeland or The Crystal Shard is a good place to start. Crystal Shard was written earlier, but Homeland is the prequel and the story involving Drizzt. Otherwise, outside the Forgotten Realms saga, The Demon Awakens is a good starting place but he's got a lot of other series books - a lot of which are still on my TBR list!)

    ReplyDelete