Thursday, May 5, 2011


This Thursday's meme asks us: Name one book that you hope never, ever ever gets made into a movie? Last Thursday's question that I'd still like to answer is: If you could see a book turned into the perfect movie, one that would capture everything you love...the characters, the look, the feel, the story-what book would you choose?

My answers:

To answer last week's meme, I would definitely say, without hesitation, that I would love to see author Kristen Britain's Green Rider series made into movies. I'm a huge fan of fantasy books and I just think the adventures in these books would translate into an exciting and engrossing film. The characters are rich and deep and the romantic tension between some of them is almost palpable. I would really love for more fantasy books to be made into movies...there's such a great escape element to fantasy. And isn't film more or less about escapism from the everyday?

My answer for this week's question was more difficult to decide on. I guess I'd have to go with Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It was a very well written book and a totally unique plot, but it might be a little boring to watch a boy stranded on a lifeboat with a tiger for two hours, I'm just sayin'! :) Plus, it would probably take some kick butt trainers to make sure the tiger wouldn't eat the entire film crew!

4 comments:

  1. LOL. yeah it could get a little dull to watch.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned. I always meant to read Life of Pi. My dad loves it though and we tend to have completely different tastes.

    I agree about more fantasy in films. There isn't anywhere near enough. Going to look up Kristen Britain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on Life of Pi. I loved that book but it would lose so much if it were made into a movie. I'm not sure that I could sit through it!

    Here's my entry: http://abookishaffair.blogspot.com/2011/05/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol The Life of Pi doesn't sound like it would be a very exciting movie. And I totally agree that they should make more fantasy films - especially considering how well they can do special effects now.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/booking-through-thursday-16.html

    ReplyDelete